Spring is a wonderful time for brunch, whether it is for Easter or Mother’s Day or just because it is Spring and the weather is getting beautiful. I have selected some of our favorite recipes that would make a wonderful Spring Brunch. And all are both simple to make and healthy (at least healthier). The most complicated technique in all of these recipes is one involves separating eggs. That’s it.
Start with the basics of coffee, tea and juice but consider adding:
Bacon Bloody Mary (alcohol free if desired)
There are plenty of vegetables in some of the other recipes, but these two salads come together quickly and are even better if you make them the night before.
Bacon Broccoli Salad (much lighter than the traditional recipe)
This is what I brought to our Easter meal last year and everyone raved about both. Save time by buying precut fruit if you want.
Fresh Fruit with Creamy Fruit Dip
Muffins or store bought rolls would be fine, but the Carrot Bread is a family favorite and scones are simple yet impressive. This scone recipe is reduced fat, but has plenty of flavor!Both can be made ahead.
The Puff is the hardest recipe. Separate 3 eggs and whip the whites to stiff peak stage. Too hard for you? Stick with the frittata.
Both of these can be cooked on the grill or under the broiler. Make the salmon into individual serving size packets if desired.
These aren’t exactly healthy, but they are lighter recipes than typical desserts. And I think they both are perfect for brunch.
And now let’s see what the Tasty Tuesdays Bloggers have to share this week. Be sure to click on the first link in the Link Up below. Tammy has a $50 giveaway going on.
Ashley from Forgetful Momma is joining Audrey from That Recipe to be our co-hosts for March! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.